Thursday, February 1, 2007

Post 4

I’m doing this for my self. I’m doing this for my future. And I’m doing it for a grade. This is perfect incentive for me to finally do it. The area of girls in my life has yet to be born in my life. Well technically speaking I have been around girls my whole life, but interacting with them besides my mom is something I have actively avoided in my most recent years. I have many lame excuses that have come about by introverted fetal curling, but in reality, it doesn’t really matter why I get nervous around girls, why I choke, and why the most physical interaction with a girl I’ve had is a tackle from a tom-boy. I just need to do it, I need to get over my fears.

"The Game" is the book that made me realize that I can build up skill to interact with girls and I can change my situation. The author wasn’t much different from me; actually I would go as far to say worse off. He was a short balding man in his thirties with a talent for writing. He had this gig to write something about a man who claimed to put “women under his spell.” He had doubts, just like I had doubts in the starting chapters of the book. Then it got interesting… (I’ll leave the rest of the book for your entertainment) In short he becomes a player in a way that it made me feel like I can also achieve success like Neil.

This isn’t some creepy way like pheromones in your cologne or chloroform rags. It’s an intimidation of “natural” men who are confident and get ladies, yet takes it to another level explanation so anyone man can do it. The reason I say any man can do it, is because the mentor of Neil, a man named “Mystery,” has said that women aren’t only attracted to men’s looks. Confidence, humor, ECT.

Alpha men can be classified as naturals. You’ve seen it everywhere, guys who just get chicks. How do they do it? What do they say? Mystery explains this in his book. Mystery is one of the many people who have a guideline to help AFCs like me. (Average Frustrated Chump.) Another name is David Deangelo, whose books focus on being cocky funny and a strong personal identity.

There are many texts to help me, and I’m going to try and use them all. Getting to the point of the actual observational essay, I’m going to write my experiences approaching women anywhere I can. If I was of legal age to enter bars and such, it would be easier as females and males congregate there to socialize, contrast to malls, where they usually have a purpose other than socializing.

I don’t expect much, I don’t expect much at all. My rationalization is that I need to build up confidence to talk to these girls, and rejection is part of it. David said that out of 100 girls that you would like to date, maybe 30 of them will actually talk to you, and only 15 are nice and friendly. I’m ready to accept that one out of 100 will talk to me, and I’m going to write about all the failures in between.

I’m not going to just go up and talk to them, like hey how are you going. That is kind of creepy and unnecessary. One point mystery made is that building comfort with them first and before hand is a big no-no, and just leaves to being blown off. Straight up, no nervous twitching, legs spread apart are some things I have to work on. But I hope to get more, and I hope to achieve some confidence with just that. Hopefully in a few months I’ll be able to keep going 2 minutes of conversation.

I’m very aware this all sounds really kind of ridiculous, and stupid. But I’m going to give it a shot, and a really good shot at it. I’ve been criticized by my friends who just it’s a load of bull shit, (which I’m sure many people think) but to me it is a chance of salvation, and I’ve heard so much success, and with Neil’s book it gives me a lot of hope.
So I’m going to do it!

5 comments:

annaters said...

Wow,

You remind me all too much of my boyfriend...

That's not a bad thing. When I first met him, at work he had never even really talked to a girl. I found him interesting because of that very reason. The first time I talked to him, as I walked away he tapped his friend on the shoulder and whispered, "dude that girlzor just talked to me". I can not even begin to tell you how long I laughed.

I've been dating him for 6 months now and I can tell you that I regret dating every handsom jerk out there.

What I'm trying to say is, although the book may help with short term flings, just be yourself and you will get the girl you really want, and deserve. Some girls just haven't realized that it's the guys like you that are sweet, sensitive, attentive, and caring. However, they will realize it one day soon.

You don't want to end up with a girl who cares for a guy taught in a book, you want a girl who cares for you, for being you. :)

P.S. You have serious guts for posting this, it's pretty vaunerable.

annaters said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan Tran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronit said...

Haha, great post! So what is it exactly that you are going to do? Ask random girls questions? I am still curious. I really liked your introduction by the way. I was so interested in what exactly it was that you were going to do. I wish you luck on your adventure. I’m sure you will find a few girls that want to talk to you. My boyfriend still doesn’t talk to girls. I had to practically force him to talk to me. I’m sure you will find some girl who is very excited to talk to you. For all you know there are girls that have raging crushes on you, and you have no idea because you have never talked to them.

annaters said...

I don't understand why you won't talk to me. There's nothing wrong with me that I'm aware of. Would you be kind enough to explain?